Un-Tuna Salad – Vegan “tuna” made from chick peas, makes the perfect sandwich or leafy green salad topping. Watch the short video for the easy recipe I made for the LOV3 Foundation.
Vegan Mock Tuna Salad
Vegan “tuna” made from chick peas, makes the perfect sandwich or leafy green salad topping.
Write a review
- 1 can of chick peas, drained reserving the liquid, and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of reserved chick pea liquid (aquafaba)
- 2 tablespoons of vegan Just Mayo, or vegan mayo of choice
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced celery
- 2 teaspoons of dulse flakes (sea vegetable that provides a “fishy” taste and a good source of iodine)
- 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of tamari or soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard and 1 chopped dill pickle spear
- Or jalapeno and sriracha for un-tuna with a kick
- 1. Drain the chick peas, reserving the liquid.
- 2. Rinse the beans and add to a food processor.
- 3. Pulse the beans until they reach a flaky texture, making sure not to over-process into a puree.
- 4. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in remaining ingredients, mixing well and adjusting for taste.
- 5. Refrigerate until chilled and flavors have blended. Serve over greens for a salad or on bread for a sandwich. Top with favorite toppings and enjoy!
Cara Schrock http://caraschrock.com/